Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dengue

NIGHTMARE

HI PEOPLE!!!

Well it's been let me c... more than a month since i last updated the blog. Well a lot of things recently happen to me and i did not have the mood nor time to blog. i don't know how to say it... to say suey(bad luck) also hard, want to say lucky also hard... still having a hard time knowing it. but it is all thanks to 1 mosquito. dengue mosquito. it all happen when i arrived home, dad was sick and mum was ok ok... dad was down with fever. well all of us thought it was a normal fever. then it continued till the eve of Chinese new year. Which is where the nightmare starts... took him to the clinic, and suspected dengue and went straight to the hospital that night itself.
Then came back home about 4am in the morning. Next day took mum to check as she was having fever also... and yeah she was pretty much confirm needed to go to the hospital. But the hospital didn’t want to admit her. And delayed her for another day. Next morning brought her again to the hospital and she was admitted in the evening. Well thought of staying the night, but was really tired as been running up and down without rest. But going back home also I couldn’t really sleep as both my parents are in the hospital. Going back next day, talking to her and assuming she’s alright, left for home to get her pillow so that she’ll be comfortable. But upon returning… nightmare occur…

At 4pm the doctors finally wanted to do a blood transfusion, but during the process, my mum got a heart attack. And after recovering from the heart attack, her blood pressure was low where the blood is not moving through her whole body. At that moment they immediately put her into ICU. After trying to stabilize her which they fail to do so, she was under monitoring. And we were told within 24 hours they will know the result. So after a day in the ICU, only rested awhile. We’re still waiting. The following night it was the night… we thought she could have survived it. But after looking at mum, knowing all her organ’s have already failed, started with the kidney, followed by liver and lungs. I knew if she were to survive this, her life will not be the same. And somehow something told me to tell her “if you were to see GOD, go… don’t hesitate”.2 hours later her blood pressure drop and kept on dropping. My family members came and was with her during the last hour. We were there with her all the way as a family. And the doctor pronounce it. So yeah, I had a long time of sad moments…. And I wouldn’t have make it through without my friends and relatives support.

Now I’m back in Dubai. Still remembering these things… well 1 thing I cannot not ever forget is my mum’s funeral. It was somehow, I felt so grand… why??? There was a last minute choir that came and sang beautifully that day and touch many hearts. Not only that, it’s the first time I’ve seen so many priest together for a funeral mass… I was shocked and touched at the same time. 9 priest and 1 bishop. Sigh… and the church hall was ¾ full… it was such a day.

I would like to thank my friends so much… for supporting me and the sms and calls that were made. It help a lot, as it was such a emotional period for me. I am ok now… not feeling so emotional as I did before. It’s back to life to me, but it won’t be same…somehow… hopefully I’ll start blogging back to normal again soon.

AhPek Dubai

3 comments:

liz said...

nice outlook :)

Glad you are getting on ur feet. and blogging.

Roland Kong said...

thank you,
with you and other friends support i was able to.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.